It was the vision of three great luminaries – Dr Vikram Sarabhai, Mr Ravi J Mathai and Mr Kasturbhai Lalbhai – to create a revered management institute in the country. As a realization of their dreams, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad was established on December 11, 1961 in collaboration with Government of India, Government of Gujarat and industry. IIM A’s vision is to be a global institution that influences managerial and administrative practices by creating new frontiers of knowledge and developing entrepreneurial and socially sensitive leader-managers committed to excellence and ethical standards. It was never interested in ivory tower research. It has always been generating knowledge and disseminating it for developing the country’s managerial capability. In less than five decades IIM A has evolved from being India’s premiere management institute to a reputed international school of management.
The institute’s soul is characterized by its faculty and alumni. The faculty consists of dedicated academicians, eminent researchers and innovative entrepreneurs, who are committed to bring out the latent potential in every student. The lineage of such high repute is that it is an honour and privilege for any budding leader to be a part of its hallowed portals.
For Niche, the Marketing Club of Indian Institute of Management – Ahmedabad, marketing is a religion. A religion whose mantra is to, “Carve your own niche.” Niche exists to give the marketing enthusiast, something (time after time) to be enthusiastic about and to help understand the conundrum that marketing has become. The club aims at bringing the current student community at IIM-A, the faculty, our alumni placed at various marketing positions across a host of global companies and the recruiters together and provide them with a common platform to interact. That is not to say that we are a closed system. We are open to discussions, exchange of ideas and flow of information across the top business schools in the world.
We at Niche, strive to provide the students of IIM-A a chance to explore the wonderful opportunities that this field has to offer and continue this spirit of adventure and quest for learning, which has seen our alumni achieve high marketing positions across a host of multinationals.
- To create an open and supportive community for IIM A students interested in marketing
- To help students explore careers in the field of marketing and provide tangible support in the recruiting process
- To create resources and events that foster students’ interest in marketing
- To give further credence to the image of IIM A as a destination of choice for marketing
- Facilitate sharing of interns’ and alumni experience
- Conduct remedial sessions
- Provide career mentorship
- Create preparatory material
- Publish monthly newsletters consisting of articles revolving around a central theme
- Update on current happenings in the world of marketing
- Demystify the marketing jargon
- Share interesting stories revolving around brands
- Partner with other IIMs to bring out the Pan IIM marketing newsletter – The Looking Glass
- Conduct pan IIM flagship event
- Partner with Confluence, the biggest B-school summit in Asia Pacific, to host its major marketing event
- Conductmarketing based events conceptualised by industry leaders
- Host formal talks and informal sessions on marketing by faculty, industry experts and alumnus